On 19/04/11 23:47, Andrew Morgan wrote:

In Ubuntu (and presumably Debian?) IPv6 support is as easy as 'apt-get
install miredo'. It seems to be made of magic as it sets its self up
automatically in seconds. I've done this on all of my Linux machines now.

As IPv6 doesn't do NAT, miredo gives you an IPv6 address which is visible to the whole world, and therefore needs fire-walling.

I know there's plain ip6tables, but can people recommend an easy-to-use system for maintaining firewalls? I've been using firehol, but the 'latest news' on its web-page was in 2008, and it doesn't do IPv6.

cheers

Chris
--
Chris Dennis                                  cgden...@btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK

--
Next meeting:  Blandford Forum, Wednesday 2011-05-04 20:00