On 07/05/11 15:15, StarLion wrote:
Yes basically. Export you current emails to any folder under / and then
logout and logon as root which isn't mount under /home. Rename /home to
/home_old.

I'd like to point out that at this point, it's entirely possible to
use a LiveCD to handle the entire process - as you're not running the
system your modifying, so moving /home to /home_old and creating the
new /home with it's fstab entry is fairly easy.
And though it may just be me, it strikes me as a somewhat safer way to do it.

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-06-07 20:00

The reason you edit fstab and use mount -a is to ensure the actual system will mount it properly on the next reboot. Using a livecd doesn't prove this and could cause a failure to boot the harddrive.

Either way can work.