On 22/10/11 11:52, c...@pampru.org wrote:
Hi Tim,

I have been specifying and running around one hundred APC 3000 UPS units spread over about fifteen or more years and installed them in different countries and running from one PC + monitor upwards with no significant operational problems. I also specified and used many of their 4KVA units without any operational problems. APC make very good UPS units for USA and European markets.

APC's support department is quite another matter. I have had battles with them over plainly incorrect specifications on their website, and on technical matters such as not isolating Neutrals when tripped out or when the APC is switched off (as I don't control wiring in the locations I was installing, I was concerned that circuits could still be at mains potential if Neutral/Live became reversed). There have been deep conflicts within APC on the issues that I have tried to resolve.

However, APC UPS 3000 units are very good in normal use and I still specified them as well as AEG.

What is the specific problem you have encountered? (i.e., not the problem APC say you have).

Charles

Quoting Peter Washington <pugwash1...@gmail.com>:

Hi Tim,