On 20/11/11 09:39, Peter Merchant wrote:

Second, I want to know if it really is the tablet, so am considering
putting wireshark on the laptop. It looks like a standard package, but
though there is an 'Airpcap' driver for Windows versions, I don't know
whether it will work on wireless under linux.

Yes, it works very well. I've used it successfully. You may need to set your wireless card to "monitor" mode to make it work, or you may find it just works anyway.

In some ways, it's better that using it on a wire, because you see all the network traffic. If your network is encrypted, you can give wireshark the key and it will decrypt packets on the fly too.

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-12-06 20:00