On 14/12/11 11:16, Peter Merchant wrote:
and how would you fit "the branch of knowledge that deals with the
creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life,
society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial
arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science." into a small box
that asks you what technologies you have 'used'? Further down in that
definition it says:

Oh, being lazy I would definitely look for a more concise definition!

I am guessing what they are actually after there is something like:

Oracle
Sybase
WebSphere
Apache Tomcat

I misinterpreted your post as a need to define what techonology is and how it is used. That'll teach me to try and be smart, huh?

:-)

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, second Tuesday 2012-01-10 20:00