On Wednesday 28 Dec 2011 22:46:00 Clive A Wills wrote:
> Terry's network list is more complicated than mine but did highlight a
> missing item - NAS Drive - which is another future addition.
> I'm also interested in his remote connection to his Mum, as I have
> started to give PC's to people who have not used them before (the first
> a laptop, next will be the 2 desktops); remote support may be easier!

Actually my remote support for my mother is by email and occasional visits.
She has a bog-standard Asus EEE, which has very little in its repository and
certainly not remote connection support.

I know I could install VNC or some such through other means, (I've added
software to one of these machines before), but it's quite a hassle and she has
very few issues, so I've never bothered.  (She is a 'worrier' and any time I
'fiddle' with her computer she thinks that I'm going to break it.)

The main 'support request' I get from her is to release mail erroneously
caught by the mailserver's spam trap.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, second Tuesday 2012-01-10 20:00