I am using Backup , running on Ubuntu, to a Verbatim drive plugged into
a USB socket.

It is clever enough to delay if the drive is not plugged in and then to
do the backup (automatically) when the drive is eventually plugged in at
some later time.

Regards,

Nic

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2012-03-06 20:00