On 24/09/2012 10:42, gladelands wrote:

> Has anybody had experience of using nvidia graphics cards with
> widescreen (1920 x 1024) monitors under Linux?
>
> I have downloaded nvidias own driver file but it has to run with X
> window turned off.
>
> Before I try this is there anything that anybody knows that I should
> NOT do whilst trying this?

I use these cards effectively on Ubuntu (now 12.04.1 ) - the *easiest*
way on this distro is to use the built in "additional drivers" function
to suggest the best and then install them with the utility.   I have two
screens one 1920x1024 the other 1680x1050 and it works a treat.
Graphics card is GeForce 210.  I have in the past messed things up by
i leave it to the OS and nvidias control panel.

regards,

Simon

--
Next meeting:  2012-10-?? 20:00