On Thursday 06 Dec 2012 17:56:58 Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Terry brought along his new Samsung Chromebook running Google's Chrome
> OS.  Presumably the Series 3 XE303C12?

That's the one.  Dual Core ARM Processor, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB SSB Drive and 100 GB
Google Drive (plus the normal 5 GB that everyone gets) free for two years.

I'm pretty chuffed with it:
        *  It boots in less than 10 s.
        *  It wakes up from Sleep pretty much instantly.
        *  All the Apps run in the cloud, so there's no need to update them
            (that's done by Google).
        *  All my files are accessible from any computer that can run Chrome
             (or Chromium under Linux).
        *  The battery last a genuine 6.5 hrs +.

As Ralph says there are Chromeboxes and also the earlier Chromebooks, which
tend to be bigger and more expensive.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux