I use gmail to sync between the 3 machines I use, because the mail is kept on their server until you clear it down.

Once you've created a gmail account you can set it in Thunderbird as an imap type account and create various sub folders to sort the mail, then forward to the gmail account from your machines.

each time you log onto ThunderB the gmail will down load to your local machine

The only problems I have with this are; that emails you send are kept locally unless you specifically upload them to gmail and of course your emails belong to Google (read the eula)

Gemma