Hi Ralph & Terry

Will try our both suggestions as soon as I have time, don't want to rush this and make more trouble! Did look at Auth.log file and theirs some info, I'll recheck and copy bits that might give a clue; it's was confusing to me but you would know what to look for. At the moment I'm using the desktop but that has not got all my emails and is not up-to-date in the Address book, but it works.

Clive