Hi Clive,

Are the bleeps at a steady pace or are they a mixture of fast and slow ones, have pauses between them? Do you have the exact model number, I suspect all of the Dell laptops use the same code, but you never know.

This site might help http://www.bioscentral.com/postcodes/dellbios.htm

This is the only one with 7 beeps on that site.

1 - 4 - 1 - 1 RAM failure on data bits xxx of high byte on memory bus Reseat the memory modules

So that would be (assuming I have understood it correctly)

1 beep - pause - 4 beeps - pause -  1 beep - pause - 1 beep

Regards

David