On Saturday 18 Apr 2015 20:17:59 Peter Merchant wrote:
> I've shared an item with you:
>
> Raspberry PI 2 - Wireless Configuration
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p3KpQjkeIEuN4kbaXCSHBlAlPfzVZd8finpMrkwV
> XwA/edit?usp=sharing&invite=CMCfvdsE

I have an Edimax EW-7318USg USB adaptor, which lsusb says uses a Ralink
Technology, Corp.
RT2501/RT2573 chipset.  It works out of the box on any Linux box I've ever
tried it on, including
the Pi.

I bought it some years ago, at a time when most wireless devices needed to have
a few hoops
negotiated before they would work (usually by running the Windows Driver in a
wrapper).  The
company that sold it guaranteed that it would work on Linux (I can't quite
remember who it
was (maybe www.linuxemporium.co.uk)) and they haven't been proved wrong yet.