On Wednesday 03 Jun 2015 13:45:35 Peter Merchant wrote:
> These are the two Raspberry Pi breakout boards that I have. The first
> one I have tried and not had any success with, perhaps due to (as Terry
> says) the mislabelling of the pins.
> http://proto-pic.co.uk/raspberry-pi-gpio-breakout-paddle-board/ [ Comes
> with ribbon cable to I/O pins]
>
> The other one I have not tried yet.
> http://shop.ciseco.co.uk/k002-slice-of-pi-o/

Peter,

I misunderstood you when you mentioned these boards last night.  What I've
ordered is a bit more expensive
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P2E9W30?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=o
h_aui_detailpage_o00_s00[1]
but it would seem hasn't been flagged as being mis-labelled.  Clearly this kit
is
pretty comprehensive, whereas the boards that you were referring to are just
that;
boards.

I can remember reading somewhere about mislabelling and I thought it was the
Sunfounder kit.  I must have been confused.

> Also  it seems that some people have had HDMI - VGA converters working
> on the R-Pi, but mine didn't the only time that I tried it. The R-pi is
> sitting in a  shoe box in my garage until I feel like playing with it again.

Yeah; mine works fine with my HP w1907s monitor.  This is it
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F6RZZMU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=o
h_aui_detailpage_o08_s00[2]

--------
[1]