Hi,

Hot off the press today is the launch of the latest Raspberry Pi Model.
However, this isn't another
hardware refresh with a bit more RAM, a few more clock cycles and maybe some
additional I/O.

Instead, this goes the other way.  RAM size is back to 512 MB, CPU is back to
single core and the I/O is
reduced.  The difference?  Over £20 quid LESS than the last model!  (And it's
much smaller.)

See https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/[1] for the page
announcing it.  (The video runs
on Vimeo and I found that I could only see it properly by running the URL in
VLC.)

Also, the Raspberry Pi Foundation are giving these away for free!  Every copy
of the December edition
of the MagPi magazine will include a Pi Zero on the cover (and apparently
subscribers will get the
interface cable (£4) for free as well).

It looks like the Raspberry Pi Foundation are going all out for world
domination :-)

--------
[1] https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/