This afternoon I updated the video driver on my Kubuntu 16.04 64 bit system for the actual driver for the video card. Now I get the message

"Plasma is unable to start as it could not correctly use OpenGL 2. Please check that your Graphics card is correcly configured" and then it leaves me with a blank screen with only the mouse on it.

I can boot into another session so I have a terminal.

Does anybody know how I can easily remove this new driver and revert to the previous one, or Configure OpenGL from a terminal? The main suggestions that I have seen out there are to delete /.cache and it is then supposed to work again, but it didn't.

Maybe it is a reinstall job?

Thanks in advance.

Peter