On Monday, 16 July 2018 13:27:22 BST Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Otherwise, I wonder if it's some `trust' issue whereby the browser is
> unhappy with something about the page that referred it and doesn't want
> to make it easy to return.

I've just heard back from the owner of the V11 iPhone.  It works fine on the
above site, so
it looks as if the real problem is the Captive Portal software.

What I need to decide is if it is the html splash page or the fact that I'm
blocking protocols
by the time the user gets to those pages.

I've put the splash page at http://www.hadrian-way.co.uk/Misc/Pi_Router/

I rather suspect that the problem is the protocols, so I may have to open the
site up a bit.
That's something that I can probably do on site without too much difficulty.