Hi Ralph

On 09/03/2019 17:27, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi Tim,

Come April all VAT returns to HMRC will need to be through a new
digital portal. This is Making Tax Digital for VAT.

Did you get anywhere with this?  I did some digging at the time and
still have a bunch of browser tabs open from then, but didn't have time
to write it up.  I revise their content and do that if it's not now a
solved problem.

No, I drew a complete blank, but I see HMRC have now updated their website so
that you can now filter on bridging software, which lists 58 providers. So it's
a matter of trawling through these to find something suitable, skipping the
likes of Deloitte, KPMG and Mazars. So for instance https://1clickaccounts.com/
(second in list) is a web based solution that accepts CSV files, £9.95 per
year. If there are no hidden catches then that is a possibility. I'm going to
see how the dust settles as we have a few months before doing our first MTD VAT
return.

Cheers

Tim

--
 Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-04-02 20:00