On 10/05/2019 14:13, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi,

Two topics that got mentioned in Tuesday's meeting have since cropped up
again so I thought I'd pass on the links.

The links between Huawei 5G and the UK Government, Blair's, and
especially Cameron's.
https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/huawei-and-the-cameron-connection/
Book 'em, Danno.

I began to wonder who were the other players in the UK 5G competition.

Here is what I found ( sorry no references)

5G competitors: Top 6 patent assignees: Samsung (Korea). 58% Intel. (US) 11%
Nokia. (Finland). 11% Huawei (China). 10% Ericsson (Swedish) 5% ZTE. (China).
5% Top technology Providers: Qualcomm (US) Intel (US) Ericsson (Sweden) Nokia.
(Finland) Huawei (China) Samsung (Korea) ZTE

But which ones are Missing: Plessey, Marconi, GEC, Nortel....

If you look into it deeper you find that some of those companies specialize in
different aspects of it.

Peter

Sorry about print sizes. Thunderbird isn't cooperating after a paste of some
notes.

--
 Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-06-04 20:00