On Monday, 27 May 2019 10:12:00 BST tim wrote:
> So what do I do, the laptop is worth nothing, I could find a home for the
> SSD, how long do I wait? anybody else been in this situation.

I'm assuming that you still have the laptop?  If so, then you could restore
the original hard drive and tell the woman that she can have it back if she
collects it.

IANAL, but I suspect that you can't legally sell or throw away the repaired
laptop until a considerable time has passed.

  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-06-04 20:00