Hi Peter,

> In the Telegraph today the PM is quoted as saying that Nigerian street
> lights are stocked with low-emission diodes from Dorset.
> Anyone know what these are?

   ‘In Nigeria’s Oyo state every street light is being installed with
    low carbon high efficiency low emission diodes from Dorset.  I had
    no idea they made these things in Dorset.  There you go.’
        ―
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-africa-investment-summit-speech-20-january-2020

It's Low Energy Designs of Blandford Forum,
http://www.lowenergydesigns.com/news/light-up-oyo-state/.

> Once upon a time I had a few dark mode LED's that didn't draw any
> current, but I binned them in a clearout.

They could have been worth something one day.

--
Cheers, Ralph.

--
  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2020-02-04 20:00