Hi Terry,

> I then use Filezilla to up and download files to and from the remote
> device.  I do a lot of the latter, because at least once per week I
> connect to all the Pis in the network and download results files which
> show the levels of water in the various areas of the River System.
> (Yes, I know I could use scp, but I have mega problems remembering the
> pathnames ;-(  )

Why not create a shell script that is little more than the list of
scp(1) commands?

One advantage of the command-line over the GUI is the ability to
assemble ones own vocabulary of commands by standing on the shoulders of
others.

--
Cheers, Ralph.

--
  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2020-02-04 20:00