On 26/03/2020 12:18, Terry Coles wrote:
On Thursday, 26 March 2020 11:30:33 GMT PeterMerchant wrote:
Virtually the same problem, except that I got through the _all install ok,
and it is only the Viewer that failed dependencies, so I wonder if I need
that. The web site is a bit short on help on this. I couldn't see what
dependencies I was missing, but going by what Terry said, It's probably the
same as I am also on Kubuntu 18.04
Peter,

I'm actually on 19.10 and it was the dependency python-gnome2 that it couldn't
find, which is apparently in 18.04.

This meant for me that the *all package failed to install, but the viewer
worked, presumably because it was able to pull in one of its dependencies from
the 19.10 repository.

Looking at the install log, the only package that I didn't explicitly install
on that day was libwxgtk-webview3.0-gtk3-0v5 (3.0.4+dfsg-12).  Maybe that's
not in 18.04 or maybe it came with the Client package but wasn't compatible
with something on your system.

Without the viewer you won't be able to see what's going on, but (presumably)
since you have the control package you will at least be able to select what
projects to focus on.

I installed the FAHviewer using the instructions from the Forum,
https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/installation-guides/linux/manual-installation-advanced/
 and then installed the freeglut3 program that it was missing and it's happily
chundering away. I'll let it get on and go back to my building a raised plant
bed.

Peter

--
 Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, post-lurgi 20:00