On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 14:29:13 +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Has anyone here on the list had experience of https://matrix.org ?
> After a quick skim, it looks interesting.

I've only heard of it because it's the underlying protocol/network for
Librem One Chat
https://librem.one/

which serves as an important accompaniment to the Librem 5 phone
https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/

So, it has some backing there. They use Mastodon for "Social"
https://joinmastodon.org/

so from that I take it that Matrix serves a sufficiently different use
case than Mastodon to justify running two separate applications.

I haven't tried Matrix myself, but the Purism community forum is
probably not an unreasonable place to look for people discussing it.
E.g.:
https://forums.puri.sm/search?q=matrix

Patrick