On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 16:26:45 GMT Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> An alternative is for someone with an Internet server and time on their
> hands to play around with running their open-source server software.
> I've heard it's not too hard to get going.

Many years ago (when my hosting provider was One and One) I was sure that it
was possible to manage my server directly and therefore install stuff yourself.

Quite recently I've seen a Page to allow the installation of phpBB.

Now however One and One has become Ionos and there seems to be a very limited
number of 'features' available, so it seems that I can't do it no matter how
little time it might take.