On Friday, 8 January 2021 15:27:55 GMT Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
> I imagine some of you probably use dedicated USB webcams, so perhaps you
> could tell me which ones you're using?

Mine's a Logitech Quickcam Deluxe S7500, which unfortunately is no longer
available.  This gives a good clear image and includes a built-in microphone.
and a lens shutter  I don't recall ever having any problems getting it to
work; I just plugged it in and made it the default device for audio and camera
inputs.

Unfortunately, Logitech seem to have stopped making low(er) cost Webcams.  On
their site the cheapest don't have all the features that mine does unless you
pay £80-£90.  I'm sure I didn't pay that.

There seem to be a few on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?
_from=R40&_trksid=p2546172.m570.l1313&_nkw=Logitech+Quickcam+Deluxe+S7500&_sacat=0