My apologies as this is very much not linux and not even computer based. Just trying to tap in to the collective electrical knowledge of the group.

I have 2 LED light on my Fish tank and one of the power supplies is dead. Getting a replacement power supply from the supplier is not an option, no longer available.

The only technical detail I can tell you about the power supply is that it is DC 12v 47watt output, there are two switches on the Power supply which operate two modes on the light. I normally leave both switches on so the light in full on mode and is permanently switched on and is controlled via a time switch (one for each light), so having the two switches in not that important (to my thinking below).

The output plug is a small round three pin affair which makes me think that there are two live cable and one neutral cable. On the assumption that this is correct, would getting a replacement power supply like a DC 12v 60w then cutting the supplied output plug off (which in most case is the two cable round push in plug.), then having cut the old output lead off the old power supply, solder the two lives to the single live on the new power supply and then the neutral to neutral. Would this work? I realise there is a bit of investigation to do first but just trying to think of possible options in getting a replacement (I have tried ebay).

Any thoughts

Tim H