Hi,

I've installed a new Python function to monitor the WiFi and (eventually) do
something when it goes down (eg cycle WiFi or reboot).  So that problem is
parked for the moment while I gather data.

While I was testing my new function, I stumbled across yet another problem.
My new function pings three other devices on the Wimborne Model Town local
network and if none of these can be contacted, it logs a "WiFi Down".  If one
or more can be pinged, it simply lists their status (Up or Down).

As it happens, I picked the Model Town's local Webserver as one of the three
devices.  This is only accessible from the local network side and not the
Internet (other than via a VPB Server).  This device has consistently been
logged as "Down" and I cannot ping it from any other device on the Town's
local network.  However, people using phones on site and logging in via one of
the two on-site WiFi Access Points can open the Sites Web Pages.

I've put a diagram showing the relevant part of the network at:

http://hadrian-way.co.uk/Misc/WMT_Network.pdf

If you look at the area labelled 'Railway Room Store', you will see that
access from the Internet comes in from the left ('To / From Office Router') and
into the lower of the two 5-Port Ethernet Switches.  Once through the VPN
Server, traffic is routed to the upper of the two 5-Port Ethernet Switches.  I
cannot ping from any device to the WMT Webserver, including from the VPN
Server, but on-site users who access via the Antennas can get the web pages.

Any ideas what could be causing this?  We've tried power cycling the server
and all the associated switches.