I took my car in for the MOT this morning, and in the corner of the office was
an old Compaq tower. It had been their main computer for their operation for
years until they had to get a new printer, which the 18 year old computer
running XP didn't have drivers for. So their supplier sold them a new W10
computer and it took 4 days to set it up. He told me that most of their stuff
is an Excel spreadsheet.

And his big moan is that it is so much slower than the old system.

Of course there my be some Windows proprietary software that they needed, but
he didn't mention it.  This computer had been free-standing, not connected to
anything. They have a laptop for internet access.

I can't help but think that a linux system would have been faster.

Peter