For a system that used to work, the Webserver at WMT is throwing up numerous
problems.  After fixing the erroneous conflict yesterday, I now find that
devices are not
being given a default route.

This hardware works fine when a phone or an iPad is connected, but not with my
Kubuntu
Laptop. Here is the contents of dnsmasq.conf:

interface=eth0       # Settings for interface eth0
listen-address=192.168.0.1   # Specify the address to listen on
server=192.168.0.1   # This is the only DNS Server
domain-needed        # Don't forward short names
bogus-priv           # Drop the non-routed address spaces.

dhcp-range=eth0,192.168.0.100,192.168.0.250,12h # Set IP range and lease time
dhcp-option=3,192.168.0.1
dhcp-option=6,192.168.0.1
# List of domains to respond to
address=/wmt-guest.com/192.168.0.1
addn-hosts=/etc/hosts.dnsmasq
# Increase logging level
#log-dhcp
#log-queries

I think that the mobile devices work because they are successfully intercepted
by
nodogsplash, the Captive Portal code which redirects them to the content. This
doesn't
happen with the laptop, but if I issue ip route on any device, the DNS Server
doesn't show
up. I know the server is working because if I do a lookup with the identity of
the server
included it works:

terry@XPS-13:~$ nslookup sumppi 192.168.0.1
Server:         192.168.0.1
Address:        192.168.0.1#53

Name:   sumppi
Address: 192.168.0.2

So the problem seems to be that connecting devices don't get the identity of
the DNS
Server along with their IP Address.

The nodogsplash code on this server hasn't been updated for around a year, but
I wouldn't
necessarily have noticed at the time if there was a problem with  the default
route because
the vast majority of our Visitors don't lug laptops onto the site. I
occasionally use a laptop
on site, but only to ssh into devices and that works of course.

Anything else that I should check?