On 19/05/2022 06:14, Bob Dunlop wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, May 18 at 07:46, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
Huh, must be some configuration then. Maybe making a copy of /etc on
both machines and then comparing the difference between the files. I'm
not sure if there's some fancy recursive diff command to make that easy,
but Ralph might know :)
Well "diff -r -w DIR1 DIR2" usually works well for me.  -r is the
recursive flag, -w causes diff to ignore white space differences.

However comparing two /etc directories is gonna produce a lot of
noise changes unless the distros are very closely related. Try to
work with smaller sets like the configuration sub directories.

Cheers, I'll save that for mid-late Summer when I migrate to LMDE.

Hamish