I have been thinking that my system is slow recently, and especially with some
programs such as the Arduino IDE which takes well over a minute to load. I
wondered if I had two many old versions of the kernel or something so I ran

sudo dpkg --list | egrep 'linux-image|linux-headers'

Which did show me many old ones.

According to one reference
sudo apt autoremove --purge      should have cleaned up the system, but it
didn't seem to do anything, so I have been working through each one seperately

sudo apt purge linux-image-5.4.0-99-generic  ....

even so they leave a lot of files around so I have been going into

root/usr/lib/modules/5.4.0-99-generic and all the others trying to remove them.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I have looked at bleachbit but it doesn't seem to help.

thee is probably a fairly simple script to do it, but I am not a script
programmer.

Thanks for any help.

Peter