I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is almost certainly a
cartridge/head issue. After all, inkjet printers are designed to sell ink 🤣

I’ve always had excellent results with HPLIP driving inkjets from mint so I
doubt it is that.

I assume you can dual boot into windows and try printing the document from
there?

On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 at 18:14, CA Wills <ci...@cewland.uk> wrote:

> Happy New Year to All
>
> Sorry to miss the meeting but had family here for Christmas and Tuesday
> was last day.
>
> Have a problem with my HP Colour Inkjet 309a.
> Today printed 1 lot of 10 copies of letter with a colour picture, all
> OK.  Printed second lot of 10 and they started to print the picture in a
> shade of green.  Stopped the run and tried several different options to
> no effect.  Even tried printing as 'greyscale' Black & White ans still
> got a lighter shade of green.
> This has happened before just recently.
> Checked printer cartridges and printer reports OK but computer reports
> 'out of ink'!  The HPLIP GUI does not report any ink levels.
> Running Mint 21.1 latest version, hoped that would sort it out but no
> change.  Printer switched off twice, System reset, re installed printer;
> no change  Happens on both laptop & desktop machines.
> Any idea's as to what's happening please.  Is it the printer problem (to
> old!) or possible the cartridges playing up?  Printer drum but it's an
> Inkjet not laser.
> --
>   Next meeting: Online, Jitsi, Tuesday, 2023-02-07 20:00
>   Check to whom you are replying

Sent from my iPhone