I am running Mint 21.2 XFCE and using the UFW Firewall (using GUFW) as well as a personal VPN to the internet.

Beginning of last week I became aware of a lot of connection to and from <some sub domain>.dreamsinheels.com (no it is not a dodgy porn site). I use the term some sub domains as I have counted around 24 different sub domains so far there probably more. The connection are both ways in and out but greater amount of data is going out.

I have checked for Root kits but nothing was found.

The issue I have is I have not been able to block the connection, all the sub domains seem to be coming from 185.151.30.148 port 42474 which I have tried to block both in and out on both TCP & UDP with the rule to reject, but they are still showing as making connections. I have requested the action to be logged but don't see any logs. The only thing I have noticed is that the different sub domains seems to be using different ports 45510, 42474 & 43646 to name three, how do I block a range from 1 to 65,535 (can't remember the number of the last port).

Can anybody help with some advise please on how best to block this access please.

Tim H