I came across a statement released by Debian about the new impending Euro CRA act. Debian as you can imagine has taken a strong dislike to anything that it see as breaking the user and release of free software.

While I have read a few documents (many of them going straight over my head), I am not sure where  the UK sits of supporting EU IT legislation, but I don't think this act is in anyway going to help the situation which they foresee it helping, just making it a lot worse.

Anybody else seen\heard anything about this

Tim H

Debian Statement
https://bits.debian.org/2023/12/debian-statement-cyber-resillience-act.md.html

CRA - Impact Assessment