On 14-Aug-2002, Brad Merrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, if you start implementing things outside of CLS, think about the
> impact on other languages.  Eg, what will happen if you class is
> instanciated by Eiffel?  or Fortran? :)

That is not a good argument for not implementing things outside of the CLS.

If people want their code to be interoperable with other languages,
then they will build their software with CLS compliance checking enabled.

Rotor *does* have CLS compliance checking, doesn't it? ;-)
I think the ECMA standard required it, last time I looked...

--
Fergus Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit