Recently I've been adjusting the F# compiler to be able to produce debug
symbols for the SSCLI - a release will be available shortly.  This will
make F# fully usable as an SSCLI language, both on non-Windows platforms
and on Windows without having a Microsoft .NET Framework SDK installed.

On the way I spotted what I think is a minor bug in the SSCLI's
unmanaged API for writing debug symbols: it seems to me that in
ildbsymbols/symwrite.cpp the class variable m_importer is not released
(i.e. an m_import->Release() us needed to match the QI on this object).
The only effect this appears to have is that the import scope is not
closed correctly under some circumstances, which for me was a problem as
my PE writer later reopens the binary for writing to insert the debug
dictionary entry in the PE header, and the opening the file for writing
was failing.

Thanks
Don