On 29-May-2003, Vladimir Nesterovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> P.S. Actually I consider that array cast trick as an example of bad design.

This opinion was shared by many of the programming language designers
and implementors who Microsoft invited to comment on the CLI design
(as part of "Project 7").

As I understand it, the main justification for having covariant arrays
in the CLI is to better support languages like Java which themselves
have covariant arrays.

--
Fergus Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit