When an ephemeral collection is being performed, cross-generational
references are traced, and objects containing such references are marked as
live. This is ok if a gen1 collection is performed after that, but if it is
not, those bits should be cleared in order not to corrupt the MethodTable
pointer. However, we haven't been able to find the code that clears these
bits if only a gen0 collection is performed (if a gen1 collection is
performed, these ones are cleared in the sweep phase). We believe that if
they're not cleared there may be problems in the execution of the program.

Could anyone tell us where this clearing is performed, if it is somewhere,
or are we wrong about that?

Thank you for your patience

Albert Miranda

RSVP

This list is hosted by DevelopMentorŪ  http://www.develop.com
NEW! ASP.NET courses you may be interested in:

2 Days of ASP.NET, 29 Sept 2003, in Redmond
http://www.develop.com/courses/2daspdotnet

Guerrilla ASP.NET, 13 Oct 2003, in Boston
http://www.develop.com/courses/gaspdotnet