-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of the Rotor Shared Source CLI implementation
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Archana
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [DOTNET-ROTOR] about Pinning objects

Hi,

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Jan Kotas wrote:

> If both foo and bar are on the stack the callback will be called
> multiple times for the string: for the argument of foo(), for the
> argument of bar() and finally for the pinned variable in bar(). Only
the
> very last one is going to have the pinned bit set.
Oh, now i get it.
But still i couldnt understand how can we keep track of this fact that
an
object is no longer pinned.
can you please elaborate on that?

Thanks
archana

===================================
This list is hosted by DevelopMentor(r)  http://www.develop.com
NEW! ASP.NET courses you may be interested in:

2 Days of ASP.NET, 29 Sept 2003, in Redmond
http://www.develop.com/courses/2daspdotnet

Guerrilla ASP.NET, 13 Oct 2003, in Boston
http://www.develop.com/courses/gaspdotnet

View archives and manage your subscription(s) at
http://discuss.develop.com

This list is hosted by DevelopMentorŪ  http://www.develop.com