-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of the Rotor Shared Source CLI implementation
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of SUBSCRIBE
DOTNET-ROTOR Memomana
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 1:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [DOTNET-ROTOR] Class Libraries - VS .NET vs. Rotor

I have a question regarding the references to the libraries in Rotor and
Visual Studio .NET.

Let me give you a very small example program.

---start---
using System;
using System.Xml;

public class Delete
{
        public static void Main()
        {
                XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
        }
}
---end---

The problem arises when I compile the program with VS .NET 2003 and try
run it with Rotor's 'clix'. The 'clix' complains that it could not find
the System.Xml.dll file.

There is no problem when I both compile and run the program with the
Rotor.

Is there any workarounds for this problem? Are there any guidelines to
follow so that both systems will be compatible (assuming that they are
using the libraries that are available in Rotor)? It would be very
not convenient to require recompiling all the sources with the Rotor,
obviously.

Thank you very much beforehand.

===================================
This list is hosted by DevelopMentor(r)  http://www.develop.com
NEW! ASP.NET courses you may be interested in:

2 Days of ASP.NET, 29 Sept 2003, in Redmond
http://www.develop.com/courses/2daspdotnet

Guerrilla ASP.NET, 13 Oct 2003, in Boston
http://www.develop.com/courses/gaspdotnet

View archives and manage your subscription(s) at
http://discuss.develop.com

This list is hosted by DevelopMentorŪ  http://www.develop.com