Hi,

I attempted to log every method entry and exit by using the profiler. I have
successfully built and attached to profiler to the SSCLI. Therefore, for
every method entry, a '>' line is printed (a '<' line for each method exit).

However, the total numbers of method entry and method exit are different
quite a lot. For example, for the HelloWorld program, the number of method
entry is actually 4308 more than the number of method exit.

Any logical explanation for this? Is it simply because the profiler is not
working properly?

Thanks.

Gajah Mada

This list is hosted by DevelopMentorŪ  http://www.develop.com
ASP.NET courses you may be interested in:

Guerrilla.NET Sept 27-Oct 1, in Torrance
http://www.develop.com/courses/gdotnetls

Essential.NET Sept 20-24, in San Francisco
Essential.NET Oct. 4-8, in London
http://www.develop.com/courses/edotnet