-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of the Rotor Shared Source CLI implementation
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sriram Krishnan
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 11:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [DOTNET-ROTOR] Newbie question on compiling the CLR

I've just started to play around with Rotor and have a couple of newbie
questions

1. How do I quickly compile the code in the clr/src/vm folder quickly
after
making a small change. Let's say I change one or two lines in
Assembly.cpp.
Right now, what I do is to go to the clr/src folder and run 'build' at
the
command prompt. However, this takes ages to complete. There has to be an
easier way but I can't figure out what that is after looking through the
command line options for build

2.I'm doing a devenv /debugexe clix for getting Rotor debugging inside
VS.NET. Is there an easier way to do this? I would love to have stuff
like
Go to definition/reference work inside the IDE.

3. And the ..err..most embarassing question of all. Why don't normal
printfs
or fwprintfs work inside the vm.For e.g, I put a fwprintf inside
Assembly::ExecuteMainMethod but though I stepped inside PAL returning it
stdout, I never saw the output. I have logging enabled in rotor.ini and
am
seeing other messages. I know that I can use the LOG macros..but I want
know why normal printfs don't work

Thanks in advance,
Sriram

I blog at http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sriram

===================================
This list is hosted by DevelopMentor(r)  http://www.develop.com
ASP.NET courses you may be interested in:

Guerrilla.NET Sept 27-Oct 1, in Torrance
http://www.develop.com/courses/gdotnetls

Essential.NET Sept 20-24, in San Francisco
Essential.NET Oct. 4-8, in London
http://www.develop.com/courses/edotnet

View archives and manage your subscription(s) at
http://discuss.develop.com

This list is hosted by DevelopMentorŪ  http://www.develop.com