On Thu, 27 Jun 2024, Peter via dovecot wrote:

On 27/06/24 06:48, pgnd via dovecot wrote:
 for anyone interested, for dovecot v2.3.14+ @ Fedora,

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/dovecot/blob/rawhide/f/dovecot-2.3.14-opensslv3.patch

 dovecot hums along nicely.
 i've not seen a _crash_ in _many_ moons (quick looking thru ~ 18mos of
 logs) ...

I can report the same thing with EL9 and ghettoforge dovecot which uses the same patch. I haven't had any crashes either, but if you're really concerned you can always set Restart=on-failure in the systemd service (I haven't had to yet which says something, imo)

FWIW I've been using the debian-provided dovecot since the release of bookworm and have not had a single crash.

That said I don't use the mail crypt plugin so I can't attest to what happens with that.

Ditto.

Cheers,
Bernardo