On 27.3.2007, at 22.40, Steven F Siirila wrote:

For the first test, there was no $HOME/.imap directory at all.
I received the vacation message, but the message which was supposed
to be delivered locally queued in Postfix (temporary failure).

Fixed: http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-March/008382.html

For the second test, I created $HOME/.imap and $HOME/.imap/INBOX
directories with the owner and group set to that of the user (just
to make sure the code handled things the same).  Again, I received
the vacation message, but the message which was supposed to be
delivered locally bounced back to me after Dovecot LDA crashed:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Command died with status 139: "/opt/ dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f "$SENDER"". Command output: Segmentation Fault

Could you get gdb backtrace? Although it's possible that it's already fixed. I can't reproduce any out-of-quota problems with current CVS code.

You could also try running it manually:

echo hello | deliver -d username