On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:30:24 +0200
Nils Vogels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> TS> I don't think packaging is going to be that big of a problem. If
> TS> the packagers can't handle that, then just don't package it.
> TS> Development versions don't really need binary packages anyway..
> TS> And for those using the binary packages, the alpha/beta/rc in the
> TS> version make it pretty easy to understand what kind of a release
> TS> it is.
>
> This will work just fine for FreeBSD ports!

As an example, the FreeBSD ports list:

Port:   postfix-current-2.4.0.r9,4  # the latest version
Port:   postfix-2.3.8,1             # Newest stable version
Port:   postfix ???                 # Other available versions

This works just fine for me.

--
Gerard

If you don't know what game you're playing, don't ask what the score is.