Hi all,

After looking at the LDA/Sendmail page in the dovecot wiki, I wanted to contribute another method to easily configure Sendmail to use deliver. Instead of adding a new mailer definition, as already suggested, one can simply use the following line in their sendmail.mc file instead:

FEATURE(`local_procmail', `/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver', `deliver -d $u', `SPhnu9')dnl

And further on, still use:

  MAILER(procmail)dnl

The location of deliver will of course vary for each OS and distro, etc, but this redefines the "procmail" mailer in the resulting sendmail.cf to use deliver instead, with the correct flags. For most setups, I believe this is the simplest configuration path.

Scott

--
Scott Peron, Webmaster, Infolytica Corp.          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: (514) 849-8752 x269   Fax: (514) 849-4239   http://www.infolytica.com