On Tuesday, April 17 at 05:58 PM, quoth Sergey:
I'd like dovecot to have option '-e' to edit configs like postfix has.
I understand dovecot configs are much more complex and have nested blocks.
But may be double-colon notation to qualify identifiers by block names
will work, like:
---
dovecot -e 'socket listen::client::path=/tmp/dovecot-auth-client'

I would like that too---it would make supporting multiple virtual domains with different SSL keys (on different IP addresses, obviously) MUCH easier. Currently I need to maintain separate config files for each.

~Kyle
--
Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.
                                                         -- John Adams