I don't know if it is part of IMAP protocol or just a UWIMAP bell/whistle, but with UWIMAP if you create a file /etc/imap.alert, a window will pop up on the client every time you do any imap action.
It is:
1) very annoying
2) perfect for emergencies
The message must be short.  Dunno if it works somehow with webmail..........

Ethan Sommer wrote: