Version:
dovecot-0.99.11-4.EL4

## Dovecot 1.0 configuration file

imap_listen = *
pop3_listen = *
imaps_listen = *
pop3s_listen = *
log_path = /var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log
login_dir = /var/run/dovecot-login
login = imap
login = pop3
max_mail_processes = 2056
mbox_locks = fcntl
auth = default
auth_mechanisms = plain
auth_userdb = passwd
auth_passdb = pam
auth_process_size = 512
auth_user = root
auth_count = 10
auth_verbose = yes
auth_debug = yes

*Jason Baker
*/IT Coordinator/

*Glastender Inc.*
5400 North Michigan Road
Saginaw, Michigan 48604 USA
800.748.0423
Phone: 989.752.4275 ext. 228
Fax: 989.752.4444
www.glastender.com <http://www.glastender.com>

Kyle Wheeler wrote:
On Wednesday, May  2 at 09:13 AM, quoth Jason Baker:
I have a Postifx email system running on a CentOS 4 box, with Dovecot pop3 and imap. Last week, one of my users reported to me that about a dozen emails suddenly showed up in his in box (as unread messages), but none of them were addressed to him. Under further investigation, they turned out to be from another user's inbox. The messages were all over a month old. How could mail simply show up in one inbox from another user's? We're using Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5. Anyone else run into issues like this?

What version of Dovecot? What config options?

~Kyle